Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Pipestone Pals

 We ventured out to Pipestone Creek today to enjoy the sun! That is the first time I have ever been out there, and really can't wait to go back. It is the perfect swimming hole/beachy area that is close by us. The river is about 100 meters behind this little spot. This little spot is almost like a river overflow at one time that is now always there and replenished with rain water. Very safe and full of mud/silt, so therefore, the girls had a hoot jumping, swimming, and having mud fights.
The above video is the only one that was short enough to email from my phone, so it is the only one I can post.
 Kota and Ains each made a big mud pie when we first got settled.
 It took Mckenna a little longer to decide that she wanted to go in. It was a tad chilly, but once she got used to it, she enjoyed herself for a couple hours!
 While Kenna was eating, Kota started making a huge stalk pile of mud so that her and Ains could attack Kenna.

Mckenna then snuck around through the weeds and bushes and came out at the stock pile for a surprise attack!

 Middle sister is getting it...in the face...




The girls had so much fun! I did too! I started a new book- my usual summer Danielle Steele...this one is called "Five Days in Paris". I didn't get too far into my book because the highlight of the afternoon was listening to my squealing girls. They enjoyed throwing mud and attacking each other- I enjoyed hearing the happiness in their voices. They enjoyed using logs as their canoes and paddles- I enjoyed their imagination and am thankful they still feel free to use it. They enjoyed having snacks by the water's edge- I enjoyed preparing the snacks for our healthy, growing girls. They enjoyed the mud and water- I enjoyed the fact that there was no technology out there. They enjoyed spending time with each other- I enjoyed knowing that they were creating yet another wonderful sister memory. They enjoyed the sun and heat- I enjoyed the sun and heat. I am so thankful that Dakota was relentless in asking if we could go to that little spot. Who knew one little spot could offer such a huge amount of happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment